Pandora Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum based on Pandora Hearts and other anime

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

High School of the Dead

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert Nightray

Gilbert Nightray

High School of the Dead Empty
PostSubject: High School of the Dead   High School of the Dead EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:08 pm

{{STORY PLOT}}

Takashi Komuro is a normal highschool boy, until an infection breaks out that turns people into zombie-like creatures. Along with his friends & the school nurse, they fight their way out and continue their journey to find out what exactly has happened to the world.

{{DISTRIBUTION}}

Online: Pretty much look anywhere, that or watch on ANN.
DVD Distribution: HSotD was lisenced by Sentai Film Works, and will be getting a dub.

{{PERSONAL THOUGHTS}}

I like it. >8D

It's got plenty of bloody, and graphic violence (and certainly not short of the gorey sounds of having a head bashed in). <3

Granted its also a fanservicey show, but I think the amount of zombie killing makes up for it. xDDD

Some of these scenes are rather burtal and almost painful to look at, but at the same time they are epic. xDDD

Character wise...

I'm not a fan of the leading female. I thought she was ok at first, but after her BF got zombiefied and her childhood friend had to kill him so the guy wouldn't kill anyone else; she completely went histerical and started getting mad at her childhood friend, saying she would have rathered become one of them then have him killed. Her friend told her that he didn't think her BF would want that for her, she she snapped back saying "And how would you know?...Oh...I know...It's because you hate him right? Beacuse he was going out with me!?". This upset the friend so he went to leave to kill the zombies and then when he tried leaving the girl went into crying mode and clung to him saying she didn't mean it and not to leave her. This completely turned me off her for good. =___=

The main male I like so far, he's not useless, and seems to have a lot of common sense compared to others.

Overall I'm excited to see how this gorey little show will turn out. <333
Back to top Go down
The Cheshire Cat
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
The Cheshire Cat

PostSubject: Re: High School of the Dead   High School of the Dead EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:32 pm

... i need to watch this. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Nightray

Gilbert Nightray

PostSubject: Re: High School of the Dead   High School of the Dead EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:36 pm

@Chesire:

Yes you do. xDDD

Also added, I found out little miss "I'm gonna be annoying now" doesn't actually stay that way for long in the manga. xD So thank god for that.
Back to top Go down
Will of the Abyss
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
Will of the Abyss

PostSubject: Re: High School of the Dead   High School of the Dead EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 3:48 am

i saw the trailer for it and i kept twitching XD
when it comes to gorey anime i get sensitive...(as if someone's leg is getting cut off i feel that pain) <--which that is very weird
but i would still watch it >_<
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Nightray

Gilbert Nightray

PostSubject: Re: High School of the Dead   High School of the Dead EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 7:17 am

@Will:

LMFAO! Dude you might puke later on in it. xD

I'm reading the manga now too, it gets a lot more gorey later on. xD
Back to top Go down
Will of the Abyss
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
Will of the Abyss

PostSubject: Re: High School of the Dead   High School of the Dead EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 6:46 pm

@Gil: awww shiot...
i might still watch it for the heck of it XDD
(watch me puke on my computer...)
XD
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Nightray

Gilbert Nightray

PostSubject: Re: High School of the Dead   High School of the Dead EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:52 pm

@Will:

LMFAO! XD
Back to top Go down
Oz Vessalius
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
Oz Vessalius

PostSubject: Re: High School of the Dead   High School of the Dead EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:29 am

Oooooo gore you say? 8D I'll have to check this one out sometime.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Nightray

Gilbert Nightray

PostSubject: Re: High School of the Dead   High School of the Dead EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:40 am

@Oz:

It's also part Ecchi, but if you can stand the amount it gives its really good. xD
Back to top Go down
Oz Vessalius
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
Oz Vessalius

PostSubject: Re: High School of the Dead   High School of the Dead EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:45 am

@Gil-

I'm pretty sure I can handle the fanservice. XD Probably nothing worse than what I've already seen.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Nightray

Gilbert Nightray

PostSubject: Re: High School of the Dead   High School of the Dead EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:46 am

@Oz:

LMFAO true, even I've seen worse then whats in the show/manga. xD
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Nightray

Gilbert Nightray

PostSubject: Re: High School of the Dead   High School of the Dead EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:40 pm

LOL I finished this one a few weeks ago.

Overall...its meh. xDD

I actually got really bored in it as it went on, but yet I love the manga (and it actually followed it all the way until the scene it ended on --- no I don't mean the end of the manga, there is still lots of that left).

But it was a "meh" series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High School of the Dead   High School of the Dead Empty

Back to top Go down

High School of the Dead
Page 1 of 1