Pandora Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum based on Pandora Hearts and other anime

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Elliot... (SPOILERS from chapter 59+)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RedEyedGhost

RedEyedGhost

Elliot... (SPOILERS from chapter 59+) Empty
PostSubject: Elliot... (SPOILERS from chapter 59+)   Elliot... (SPOILERS from chapter 59+) EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:07 am

Elliot's death was really hard to take in for me and I thought he deserved a funeral so I bribed a friend of mine (known elsewhere as LoneNecromancer) with Lotti pics to get him to write a eulogy. I felt it would be appropriate to repost it here. Be warned, it contains sarcasm:

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate the fictional life of and mourn the fictional death of the fictional character Elliot Nightray. Warning, he's a fictitious character, so don't get too emotional. Pianist, swordsman, and tsundere.

Elliot... (SPOILERS from chapter 59+) EllyBlueSmall

Elliot Nightray wrote:
Humpty Dumpty, I reject you.
Elliot Nightray wrote:
Still wearing a school uniform at the age of 24! HAVE YOU NO SHAME?!"

Elliot Nightray, or Eriotto Naitorei, as Japanese people pronounce his name, was the youngest of six. Before you go thinking that Mr Nightray couldn't keep it in his pants, two were adopted. He had good relations with his stepbrothers, and of course, with his real siblings, right up until he killed them. Er... yeah, best move on.

Elliot... (SPOILERS from chapter 59+) EllyFamilyCleanSmall
(You have your chance. Throttle him. Before it's too late.)

Early on his youth, Elliot developed a close friendship with a boy named Leo he took on as a valet, after bonding through music, even composing a short piece entitled Statice for him. And that definitely isn't gay in any way, I'm sure loads of heterosexual males do that for their friends. And you should feel ashamed of yourself for drawing fanart and writing fanfiction about them depicting them in such a way.

Despite his often hotheaded and outspoken ways, Elliot had a heroic streak to him. As a young boy, he tried to rescue four orphans. He failed quite horrifically, only rescuing one, and the whole incident is actually the reason he's dead, and as to why his family's dead, but it's the thought that counts.

He commited many horrific crimes in his time, the worst maybe spoiling the Holy Knight book series for Oz Vessalius, and frankly, I'm surprised he didn't die then and there. But instead, he was eventually rewarded, getting choked by Charlotte "Lottie" of the Baskervilles, I've never really thought of myself as a fan of erotic asphyxiation, but damn, it sounds fun when Lottie's involved.

Elliot never seemed to be a fan of irony, and probably won't appreciate the ironic manner of his death, after first telling someone that self-sacrifice was stupid and then sort of sacrificing himself. Or how ironic it was how he wanted to kill the Head Hunter, only for him to turn out to be the Head Hunter (Mind you, he succeeded). Or how he hated Oz for being a Vessalius but befriended him anyway. Huh. Strange kid, this Elliot.

While reading Pandora Hearts, many people thought Elliot would turn out to be the reincarnation of Glen. That's because many people are sheep. Now you know that not only is Elliot dead, but you're wrong.

Elliot will now rest in...erm, I'm not sure where. He rejected the Chain, so is he going to the Abyss, is he becoming a chain, is he becoming a doll for Alyss...in fact, who of us know what truly happens when you die? (Well, you go back to not existing just like you did before you were born, but people don't like hearing that at funerals).

Let us honour his fictitious life and death. Rest in peace, Elliot Nightray.

Elliot... (SPOILERS from chapter 59+) EllyLeoOzBloodSmall

(Help yourselves to free alcohol and cucumber sandwiches)
Back to top Go down
http://www.twilightvisions.com
Vincent Nightray

Vincent Nightray

PostSubject: Re: Elliot... (SPOILERS from chapter 59+)   Elliot... (SPOILERS from chapter 59+) EmptyTue May 24, 2011 11:07 pm

I....really liked you.

(and I will gladly take that free booze and cucumber sandwitches!! XD)
Back to top Go down
LoneNecromancer

LoneNecromancer

PostSubject: Re: Elliot... (SPOILERS from chapter 59+)   Elliot... (SPOILERS from chapter 59+) EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:22 am

I often wondered when writing that whether this is just ridiculous of me.

Then I looked at the Lottie pics I was bribed with and thought "eh, who cares."
Back to top Go down
RedEyedGhost

RedEyedGhost

PostSubject: Re: Elliot... (SPOILERS from chapter 59+)   Elliot... (SPOILERS from chapter 59+) EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:33 am

And I'm real glad you wrote it, Lone! Thanks!

It's still very surreal to me that Elliot is dead. He may not be flesh and blood, but at the end of the day, it is the personal impact that things have on us that matters.

I would love to have a friend as honest, brave, and passionate as Elliot. He is a great loss for the readers, for Oz and company, and most of all for poor Leo who has worked so hard to try to save him and protect him. I must say I relate a lot to Leo's situation right now, and so Elliot's death has much personal meaning for me. Much as I love Elliot as a character - and I've grown to appreciate him a lot more since ch. 57 - I hope he stays dead, because anything else would be a slap in the face for me.

The samurai code says that how we die is more important than how we live, and while I don't necessarily agree with that, I think Elliot's death was a heroic and honorable reflection of who he is as a person. He did not lose himself despite the agony of everything he found out. We have seen hints of the afterlife in Pandora Hearts, and it would seem that souls fly to the Golden World (Abyss) and rest there for 100 years before their next incarnation. By rejecting Humpty Dumpty, I think Elliot avoided the tragic fate of illegal contractors, and is now free.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twilightvisions.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elliot... (SPOILERS from chapter 59+)   Elliot... (SPOILERS from chapter 59+) Empty

Back to top Go down

Elliot... (SPOILERS from chapter 59+)
Page 1 of 1