Pandora Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum based on Pandora Hearts and other anime

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chapter 66

Go down 
+6
Alice Baskerville
Itera
RedEyedGhost
LBrook9
Howl
Lily Baskerville
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RedEyedGhost

RedEyedGhost

Chapter 66 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 66   Chapter 66 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:44 pm

Oh thank goodness. The LJ text translation was terribly biased against Jack. (Still real nice of them to provide one, though.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.twilightvisions.com
Howl

Howl

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 66   Chapter 66 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:14 pm

RedEyedGhost wrote:
Oh thank goodness. The LJ text translation was terribly biased against Jack. (Still real nice of them to provide one, though.)

Really? I didn't notice that....

Poor Jack. I hope he does get to see Lacie again. It seems to have been quite awhile in between the last coupe of pages.

Did his mother Kick him out? Or did he just decide to leave?

Back to top Go down
RedEyedGhost

RedEyedGhost

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 66   Chapter 66 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:37 pm

Howl wrote:
RedEyedGhost wrote:
Really? I didn't notice that....
LJ: The Sealing Stones are being used by Jack's body. [wut? >_>]
FS: I thought the sealing stones were created using Jack Vessalius' body!

LJ: The truth of the Tragedy of Sablier... And... the true facade of the man we have been calling "The Hero" all this time. [this is the main one I rolled my eyes at]
FS: The truth about the tragedy of Sablier. The truth about the man we all call a "hero"! [much more neutral, not to mention accurate]

LJ: That's work that doesn't fit a guy... [really? Jack is sexist now?]
FS: Being a whore is a dirty job. [the word in question was "male prostitute," kind of like "actor" versus "actress," and not saying it's wrong because it's a male]

(I double checked the translations against the raw.)
Back to top Go down
Howl

Howl

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 66   Chapter 66 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:41 pm

ah, those are better.
Back to top Go down
RedEyedGhost

RedEyedGhost

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 66   Chapter 66 - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 2:30 pm

Okay, Theory Time!
I'm... preeetty convinced that Jack was partially possessed by somebody - Lacie or Alice (or Lacie possessing Alice who possessed Jack XD) - during the tragedy:

First, we have the picture of Alice with unconscious Jack who has his sword arm on a string, strongly implying manipulation.

Second, we have the fact that Jack was crying and terribly unhappy throughout the entire tragedy. He wasn't acting like himself (based on Gil's surprise at being slashed, Vince saying that everyone was acting weird because of Alice, how what Jack was saying out loud didn't always match with the agonized emotions he was showing). I mean really, there's a scene of a very miserable-looking Jack, apparently arguing with somebody in his head, saying "Stop it. I don't want to kill people!!"

Third, there is the scene where Jack first confronts Glen. Two odd things happen. First, Glen warns Gil not to come near them, because Jack isn't acting normal (as reinforced by Gil's surprise). Then, Glen attacks Jack. Now, Yen Press translated that last speech bubble of Glen's as "Jack... I must... I have no choice but to take your life--!!" but the actual Japanese volume says "Jack... I... [action particle towards] you--!!"

I dunno how Yen Press got all that out of the vagueness of the phrase (even though, based on the context of Glen charging Jack with drawn sword, we're expected to understand that the "action particle towards" is one of violence), but it still makes me wonder why Glen would have "no choice" but to kill Jack. I don't think Jack non-lethally slashing Gil would provoke that, and Glen was already on a killing spree, which is why Jack was confronting him with desperate questions in the first place. Maybe Glen thought Jack was contaminated and so Glen had "no choice." Maybe the whole city was.

Fourth, we got Glen standing around dead bodies muttering "Lacie." It's too soon to tell if Glen's words are of lament, longing, or blame, but it's clear that something related to Lacie was happening.

*~*~*

It seems like Jack was on a time limit (judging by Yura's reenactment of the massacre at here + 2 pages) to stop something by midnight (probably the sacrifice of Alice), and considering that the Clock Tower of Silence was frozen right before midnight, he barely made it.

Also, it seems that Glen might've done something way in the past that triggered a chain reaction leading to all this, and it weighs heavily on Glen's conscience and karma. Just... the way he talks to Leo during this scene: "Remember that you are the cause of all this. Remember, the fact that you brought him back to life does not mean you saved him. Don't forget that you did this!" And later Leo has internalized this too: "Everything that's happened is because of me!! Well, me and the Will of the Abyss."

While it's understandable why Leo feels this way, Glen's words are interesting. They imply that Glen might've done something similar. This could actually be the reason he wants the Will destroyed. Something he tried to do backfired. Maybe this could also explain why he's hoarding Alice clones. No basis for this yet, but I think it'll be revealed that the Baskervilles are conducting secret experiments to draw the Will into a human-ish body in order to destroy/claim it.
Back to top Go down
Precious Hair - San

Precious Hair - San

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 66   Chapter 66 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 5:50 pm

Amazing chapter! Surprised Things are really starting to make sense. I just wish it as a little longer... I wanna know how Jack got into the Barkervilles acquaintance and how he and Glen became such (at least apparently) good friends.
We must be so very close to the end of the manga…!

@RedEyedGhost: Yes, Jack being possessed would explain a lot. I really think you’re right.
And, from the way Lacie speaks, I would say she is definitely the cruel, selfish, manipulating type of a very dark and spoiled girl. She may have intentionally created a love triangle between herself, Glen and Jack just so she could have some fun getting what she wanted from both.
Back to top Go down
http://rastodocaracol.blogspot.com/
Isla Yura

Isla Yura

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 66   Chapter 66 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:21 am

Uuuuwhaaaaaaah! [delayed reaction to chapter release. First time on the forum in a while. Hiya guys, ^^]

Okay, um.
Lacie was totally NOT was I was expecting... My sister and I as we're reading this we screamed like little rabid fan girls. [this is not an exaggeration].

I'm giving up on making theories.
Every time I form a new one, Jun Mochizuki finds a way to crush it into tiny little bite-sized pieces.
I'm just going to sit, and wait quietly and patiently for the next chapter.
I have a looooot of questions, though.

Umm, Zwei noticed here: http://www.mangareader.net/350-24656-10/pandora-hearts/chapter-27.html that there's a kind of emphasis on the earring, ^^
And... he has BOTH OF them.
So that just makes me wonder how he came to aquire that second one, heehee, ^^

and a final note...

DUG IS THIS "OSWALD" GUY.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 66   Chapter 66 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 66
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2